Dr. Arika Bansal
MBBS, GOLD MEDALIST MD (AIIMS, New Delhi) Diplomate of ABHRS (USA) Hair Transplant Surgeon
Dr. Arika Bansal is a Gold Medalist from the Prestigious Lady Hardinge Medical College (New Delhi). She did her MD from AIIMS, New Delhi. She was a brilliant student during her student life. She published 12 National & International Papers in a short span of 3 years of MD training at AIIMS. She has undergone extensive training in hair transplantation, lasers and other aesthetic procedures.
Dr. Arika Bansal is one of the leading hair transplant surgeons in the country with more than 2500 successful cases. She is one of the only few dermatologists in India to be awarded as Diplomate of ABHRS. She has been invited as faculty to ISHRS Annual Conference in Chicago in 2015. Dr Bansal has done extensive research in the field of hair transplantation and is an early adopter of technology. She is an active member of several organisations including ISHRS(USA) and specialises in female hair transplantation, hairline design, density improvement and corrective hair transplantation.
- Senior Hair Transplant Surgeon : Eugenix Hair Transplant Sciences, Gurgaon, New Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Rishikesh and Dehradun, 7 years
- Senior Resident, HIIT University, Jolly Grant, Dehradun, 3 years
- Post Graduate Resident, AIIMS( New Delhi), 3 years
About Dr. Bansal
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Case presentations at Clinical combined rounds (3 times) at AIIMS
- Association of cutaneous surgeons of India (ACSI)
- Association of hair restoration surgeons (AHRS)
- International society of hair restoration surgeons (ISHRS)
- Diplomate of American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery(ABHRS)
- Arika Bansal, Pradeep Sethi, Abhinav Kumar, Alok K Sahoo, Priyadarshini Das : Use of Implanters in Premade Recipient Sites for Hair Transplantation. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2019 12(4):250-254
- Vidya Kuntoji, Chandramohan Kudligi, Pradeep Vittal Bhagwat, Dinesh Prasad Asati, Arika Bansal : The tricky “trichs” in dermatology! 2018 84(1):109-113
- Arika Bansal, Sarah Krishna, Chandramohan Kudligi, Ravi. M. Rathod, Pradeep Vittal Bhagwat, Vidya Kuntoji : Multicentric reticulohistiocytosis: A case report with review : July 2017
- Pradeep, sethi Arika Bansal : Direct hair transplantation: a modified follicular unit extraction technique. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2013 6(2): 100–105.
- Kaushal K Verma Arika Bansal Neetu Bhari Gomathy Sethuraman Dermatitis Severity Score to Assess Clinical Severity of Disease. Indian J Dermatol 2017 Jan-Feb;62(1):85-87
- Sethi P, Bansal A. Direct hair transplantation:A modified follicular unit extraction technique. J Cutan Aesthet Surg 2013;6:100-5.
- Bansal A, Kumari R, Ramam M. Fixed drug eruption due to cross reaction between two azoles used for different indications. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2008; 74(1): 81.
- Khandpur S, Bansal A, Sharma VK, Bhatti SS, Singh MK. Twenty nail dystrophy in vitiligo. J Dermatol 2007; 34: 189-92
- Khandpur S, Bansal A, Ramam M, Sharma VK, Das AK, Singh MK, Prasad HK. An unusual presentation of cutaneous tuberculosis: Verrucous tuberculid mimicking Kyrle’s disease. Int J Dermatol 2007; 46: 1298-301.
- Sharma VK, Sethuraman G, Bansal A. Evaluation of photopatch test series in India. Contact Dermatitis 2007; 56: 168-9.
- Sethuraman G, Sugandhan S, Bansal A, Das AK, Sharma VK. Familial pigmented purpuric dermatoses. J Dermatol 2006 Sep; 33(9): 639-41.
- Bansal A, Sethuraman G. Lymphangioma circumscriptum of the tongue. Indian Pediatr 2006 Jul; 43(7): 650-1.
- Verma KK, Bansal A, Sethuraman G. Parthenium dermatitis treated with azathioprine weekly pulse doses. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2006 Jan-Feb; 72(1): 24-7.
- Khaitan BK, Bansal A, Bhat R, Das AK. A neurofibroma with an unusual morphology. Acta Derm Venereologica 2006; 86: 266-7.
- Malhotra A, Bansal A, Verma KK, Khaitan BK. Large superficial basal cell carcinoma on face treated with imiquimod 5% cream. Indian J Dermatol Venereol Leprol 2006; 72: 373-5.
- Verma KK, Tejasvi T, Verma K, Sethuraman G, Bansal A. Severe mucocutaneous Behcet’s disease treated with dexamethasone pulse. J Assoc Physicians India 2005; 53: 998-9.
- Sethuraman G, Fassihi H, Ashton GH, Bansal A, Kabra M, Sharma VK, McGrath JA. An Indian child with Kindler syndrome resulting from a new homozygous nonsense mutation (C468X) in the KIND1 gene. Clin Exp Dermatol 2005; 30: 286-8.
- Hair Transplantation
- Histopathology of Hair Disorders
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS)
- Diplomate of American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS)
- Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons (AHRS)
- The International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS)
- Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Association of Cutaneous Surgeons of India (ACSI)
- Indian Association of Dermatologists, Venereologists and Leprologists (IADVL)
- Co-authored book â€˜Step by Step Hair Transplantationâ€™ in 2018.
- Dr. Bansal is also co-author of Direct Hair Transplantation technique along with Dr Pradeep Sethi which is a modified version of FUE.
- Recently she was asked to participate in the 2018 WLSW by ISHRS held in March, Dubai. She lectured and demonstrated on live surgery of sharp FUE extraction. She is active in research and training related to hair transplantation.
- In the span of three years of her MD Dermatology, she published 12 papers both nationally and internationally.
- Presented â€˜Invited Guest lectureâ€™ about how to cover maximum area with minimum number of grafts at the annual ISHRS meeting held at Los Angeles, in 2018
- Invited as Faculty at World Live surgery workshop in the field of Hair transplant held at Dubai, in 2018
- Presented a video demonstration of using inhalational Nitrous oxide anesthesia as an alternative to local anesthesia for PRP therapy at the annual ISHRS meeting held at Los Angeles, in 2018
- Invited as Faculty at Sharp FUE workshop held at Annual ISHRS meeting, held at Chicago in 2015
- Presented a video demonstration on fast FUE extraction of 100 grafts in less than 3 minutes with no transection at the annual ISHRS meeting, held at Malaysia in 2014
- Third Indian and first north Indian doctor to clear the prestigious American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) exam held at Houston, Texas, in 2014.
- Attended Orlando Live surgery workshop 2013, for honing her skills and learning from the worldâ€™s most renowned veteran hair transplant surgeons.